It is quite unknown that copper is needed in Aquaponics. Like many minerals, if too much is used it will become toxic.
- Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate in 4 ounce packets.
- You will only use 0.03 grams per 100 gallons of water or 0.3 grams per 1000 gallons of water.
- This will last you a very long time.
- Copper is necessary in an aquaponics system in small amount for proper plant growth.
- Copper deficiency symptoms include leaves curling and bending downward, a light chlorosis and loss of turgor in young leaves, sunken necrotic spots on leaves, and small leaves.